Sunday, October 07, 2007

Maybe this reveals a lack of development, or a perpetual adolescence, but I recently listened to the album which inspired the title of this blog (Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane over the Sea") and was blown away once more by how beautiful it was. I'm now thinking about another tattoo, of an old fashioned early 1920's-1930's-ish airplane (reminiscent of the one that Antoine St Exupery flew), with a sprinkle of ashes drifting from it. Maybe or maybe not with an abbreviated sea beneath. Maybe or maybe not incorporating the words "on to glory." (A nod to my favorite cadaver in my medical school gross anatomy class--he has the words tattooed on his penis.) I'm just not sure where to put it...I love the spot where I put my first one, and am hard-pressed to find another spot which can be easily concealed, will not likely sag with age or stretch with pregnancy (if I do ever spawn), or will not clash with my current one. Hmmm.